On June 6, 2012 we left for the hospital at 5am. On the drive there was talked about how excited we were to meet our little girl, who at this point still did not have a name. We wondered if she would look like Peyton? Me? or Daddy? Maybe Mitchel?
Once we arrived to my room, Scott took this picture. The last picture before meeting our baby girl! The nerves started to set in as the nurses started asking questions and preping for my c-section. While one of the amazing nurses Deb was asking all the questions, she asked if we had a name. Insert :/ side eye at Scott. She laughed and asked what name I liked?
Ella Grace
She she "OH I LOVE THAT NAME!!" Scott smiled and said I think that will be her name. Thank you Deb for helping Scott see the name was just perfect for our sweet girl!
At 7:30am we headed to the OR. I didn't feel scared up til this point! Once I entered the OR I had couldn't stop shaking and it was very hard to hold back the tears. I was so excited to meet my daughter but the fears of something going wrong entered my mind. I couldn't help but worry about it and not being there for my boys or her. Once the spinal was done, it was easier to claim down. Before I knew it Scott was by my side and my AMAZING Dr. VanRiper was ready.
At 7:54am
Ella Grace Stanton
was born with the sweetest cry I ever heard
9 lbs 13 oz 21 1/2 inches
+
She stopped crying as soon as they brought her over to me. It was priceless!
While the doctors closed me up, Ella had her bath and Daddy held her. Once they were done we headed back to my room to enjoy some one on one time with our sweet baby girl! This time around I was able to hold Ella in bed with me as they rolled me back to my room. It was so nice to have her right away! I was not able to do that with Peyton.
Daddy is in L O V E
Holding my sweet girl for the first time!
Peyton was a little unsure about "AWWW Baby sister" at first. But he is such a big brother. They are going to be best friends and partners in crime!
Mitchel was the first to hold her. He has been waiting a long time for his little sister! He is so helpful and just loves her to pieces!
Grandma Catherine came to visit! She was so happy to finally meet you! She loves you all so much!
This is the sweetest picture ever! My heart just melts over this picture! You love to hold on to our fingers!
1 day old
4 days old
Here you are under lights at 4 days old for what we thought was just a bad case of jundice. We were in the hospital another day before finding out you have Galactosmia.
Galactosemia is a genetic disorder that is characterized by the patient’s inability to metabolize sugar (galactose) into glucose. Glucose is readily usable by the body but galactose needs an enzyme called GALT to turn it into a sugar that the body can use. In nearly all people with this condition the body lacks the enzyme that is used in this process.
When it is not broken down, the galactose remains in the body and the levels build up. Higher levels of galactose can act as a poison and have serious consequences for the health of the patient. Poor mental and physical growth and serious liver and kidney problems are just a few of the possible effects of this disorder.
When it is not broken down, the galactose remains in the body and the levels build up. Higher levels of galactose can act as a poison and have serious consequences for the health of the patient. Poor mental and physical growth and serious liver and kidney problems are just a few of the possible effects of this disorder.
It was a very scary few days but you are a little fighter! After a few very long days and nights in the NICU you were able to come home!! This was one of the happiest days of our life!
1 Month old
They love you so much Ella!
At 1 month old you already let us know what you love and hate...
Loves:
To cuddle
Being swaddled
Holding my finger when you eat
Being warm
Bath time
You Hate:
Being cold
wet/poop diaper
but you also hate getting your diaper changed
getting our of your nice warm bath
You are the sweetest little girl I know Ella Grace! I love you so much, you make my heart feel complete, and I feel so very lucky to call you my daughter! I am looking forward to watching you grow up and become an amazing young lady!



No comments:
Post a Comment